Two 60-Minute Class Periods
The learner will:
- select one of the five service organizations from the previous lesson for further investigation.
- organize the activities of the selected organization chronologically.
Ask the class, "How many of you could describe one of your philanthropic organizations using ten important details? Seven? Four?"
- The date the organization was founded.
- The history of the organization.
- This should include the founders, the history of the organization's growth, a chronological listing of events or activities of the organization, and milestones in the history of the organization.
- Goals of the organization.
- The location of the organization's headquarters
- Where the organization is active: locally, nationally, internationally
Lesson Developed By:Thomas Webb
All rights reserved. Permission is granted to freely use this information for nonprofit (noncommercial), educational purposes only. Copyright must be acknowledged on all copies.